Sunday, December 22, 2013

Also Known As (Also Known As #1) by: Robin Benway

Title: Also Known As (Also Known As #1)
Author: Robin Benway
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Shelves: Young Adult, Adventure, Romance
Recommended for Fans Of: Ally Carter, Sarah Zettel

Synopsis: You've probably never heard of The Collective. But Maggie Silver has. In fact, she, along with her parents, are members of the ultra exclusive and ultra secretive group of spies who keep right all the wrongs in the world. But when Maggie and her parents are sent to New York City for their most important mission yet, it is up to Maggie to put a stop to the biggest crime in spy history- while trying not to fall in love with the son of the suspect, and trying to fit in in a teenage spy's worst nightmare: high school.

Review: I need a minute to collect myself.


Robin Benway's books are absolute perfection. After reading Audrey, Wait! I needed something to compensate for the happy reader feelings that went into that book, so I went and got Also Known As. And I blew through this book in 5 hours. Also Known As has everything I love in the perfect book. It was light, witty, humorous and chock full of adventure.

Characters: I can't even tell you how much I love these characters Robin created. I want them to be my best friends! Maggie was such an awesome protagonist, and Roux is definitely a character that deserves her own book. *shoutout to Robin Benway: Robin, can you write Roux's story please? ;)* You need to seriously read this book to understand just how cool Roux is, and when you do, you will be laughing your head off.

Romance: Maggie and Jesse have one of the best relationships in YA lit. Their relationship was sweet and the mushy-gushy stuff that just makes you feel really lonely and jealous. They deserved each other so much that you can't help but root for them all the way. Maggie and Jesse are just so perfect for each other and everyone needs to go in a corner and appreciate their romance.

Storyline: Also Known As was fast paced and reads like a hit movie. It's entertaining and so easy to get through that you won't want this book to end.

Writing: In classic Robin Benway style, Also Known As is hilarious. It is lighthearted and spirited, and jam packed with adventure and fierce cleverness.

Conclusion: People seriously need to know read Also Known As. I cannot recommend it enough, and you won't regret reading it! Also Known As is the perfect book to curl up with during this holiday break, and trust me, you'll love every bit of this book:)

xoxo,
Fiction_TheNewReality

4 comments:

  1. I've heard some good things about this book but never bothered to read the synopsis. I love a good witty book. I'll be adding this book to my (very long) tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this author before. Which is surprising.A good fluffy read is way to break up a reading rut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by the author before, and it seems that I am missing out. I love to laugh, and when a book actually produces out loud laughs for me, it will be a winner. It sounds like Also Known As is just that book. Awesome characters and a sweet romance to boot, make this one a perfect addition to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A teen James Bond with a twist of Spy Kids? That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete