Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Physical Vs. Digital Books (Discussion Thursday #1)

Welcome to Fiction_TheNewReality's FIRST EVER Discussion Thursday! 

So basically, every Thursday, I'll be talking about something new and I really want you guys to comment what you think! This week's topic is: 

Physical Vs. Digital Books

I'm the type of girl who NEEDS a physical copy. Not only because it just feels a lot better to hold the book in my hands, but also because I also have eyesight problems. I've had glasses since I was four years old, and have very poor eyesight. My eyes get tired easily and reading on a tablet gives me headache and waves of nausea *EEEEK*  In fact, I don't even own an e-reader because I've never felt the need to read e-books. 

When I started blogging, I was super excited to get ARCs, but the first couple of weeks were disappointing, which I now know, is common. As a book blogger, Netgalley and Edelweiss are your best friends. So I began requesting and reading e-arcs from NG and EW. These past couple of months of blogging have been good to me, and I was lucky to be able to receive tons of physical ARCs from publishers and authors. 

However, there are still some ARCs that I have no choice, but to read through Netgalley, such as WE WERE LIARS (so not complaining about this one!) and I'm trying to limit the amount of tablet reading I do.

I guess you could say that I'm a bit... old fashioned, and that I like physical copies MUCH MORE than digital copies. Being a book lover, yes, I do admit that I love the smell of books, the pretty covers that deserve to be stroked and the overall awesome bookishness of physical copies.


Also, a sweet little friend of mine decided to do a Discussion Thursday with me also! Hop on over and check out her blog here: http://lovingthelanguageofliteracy.blogspot.com/

Hope y'all have something to say:) 
xoxo,
Fiction_TheNewReality

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE physical copies, but I love my Kindle as well. It's great for traveling so I don't weigh my bags down with books. :) But there is just something about a physical copy that makes me feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather! Thanks for stopping by:) I agree with the traveling aspect! Last time I went on vacation I lugged a carry-on suitcase full of books with me!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post! I agree that physical copies are just so much better! I have no where's near the problem you have with ebooks but sometimes I get the worst headaches from them!
    I also like any good book loved adore the smell of books and the feel of actually reading them!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cal! Yes, we are book sniffers. People just have to deal with it XD

      Delete