Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Free to Fall By: Lauren Miller (WoW #10)

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Welcome to week 10 of Waiting on Wednesday! This week I'm featuring a book that EVERYONE wants, but if I say that the minute this book was put on Goodreads, I added it to my to-read list, does it count as me being THE FIRST to want this book? *winks*

Title: Free to Fall
Author: Lauren Miller
Shelves: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopia
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: May 13th, 2014

Goodreads

Summary from Goodreads: What if there was an app that told you what song to listen to, what coffee to order, who to date, even what to do with your life—an app that could ensure your complete and utter happiness? What if you never had to fail or make a wrong choice?

What if you never had to fall?


Fast-forward to a time when Apple and Google have been replaced by Gnosis, a monolith corporation that has developed the most life-changing technology to ever hit the market: Lux, an app that flawlessly optimizes decision making for the best personal results. Just like everyone else, sixteen-year-old Rory Vaughn knows the key to a happy, healthy life is following what Lux recommends. When she’s accepted to the elite boarding school Theden Academy, her future happiness seems all the more assured. But once on campus, something feels wrong beneath the polished surface of her prestigious dream school. Then she meets North, a handsome townie who doesn’t use Lux, and begins to fall for him and his outsider way of life. Soon, Rory is going against Lux’s recommendations, listening instead to the inner voice that everyone has been taught to ignore — a choice that leads her to uncover a truth neither she nor the world ever saw coming.

*sobs quietly* I want this book so, so bad.

Reasons why I want to read this book:

1) AUTHOR: If you have not been introduced to the utter brilliancy that is author Lauren Miller, then please, do yourself a favor and go read PARALLEL. It was such an amazing book and I expect nothing less the second time around.

2) SYNOPSIS: Me after reading the synopsis: *gah* *shriek* WANT. That is all I have to say.

3) GENRE: I cannot wait to see Lauren Miller write SCIENCE FICTION- again! That just makes it a MUST-READ for me! 

What are y'all waiting on this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. Yup, I'm totally waiting for this book too. I'm also waiting for her other book, Parallel, too which I'm now considering grabbing ASAP now since you seem to approve of that book just as much. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free to Fall is definitely a book I'm excited for! I was a bit disappointed in Parallel's ending, but the rest of the book was awesome, so I have high hopes for Free to Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Parallel, so I'm really excited for Free to Fall, as well!! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try this book!! I am a big sucker for pretty covers. but the story even looks delightful!! AHHHH!!! I love the willy wonka GIF btw. lol I love that song also. :) One of the best songs in that movie. I WANT THE WORRRLLLDD, I WANNT THE WHOOOLLLLEE WORLLLDD!!! lol sorry My crazy exploded, just a tiny bit. It's ok. ;)

    ReplyDelete