Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Oblivion By: Sasha Dawn (WoW #11)

Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Welcome to my 11th Waiting on Wednesday post! This week I'm waiting on a KILLER novel! *get it, cuz like, killer, AWESOME, killer,... argh just read the synopsis;)*

Title: Oblivion
Author: Sasha Dawn
Shelves: Young Adult, Thriller
Publication Date: May 27th, 2014
Publisher: EgmontUSA

Goodreads

Summary from Goodreads: Lisa McMann's Dead to You meets Kate Ellison's The Butterfly Clues in a psychological thriller full of romance, intrigue, and mystery. 

One year ago, Callie was found in an abandoned apartment, scrawling words on the wall: "I KILLED HIM. His blood is on my hands. His heart is in my soul. I KILLED HIM." But she remembers nothing of that night or of the previous thirty-six hours. All she knows is that her father, the reverend at the Church of the Holy Promise, is missing, as is Hannah, a young girl from the parish. Their disappearances have to be connected and Callie knows that her father was not a righteous man.

Since that fateful night, she's been plagued by graphomania -- an unending and debilitating compulsion to write. The words that flow from Callie's mind and through her pen don't seem to make sense -- until now. 

As the anniversary of Hannah's vanishing approaches, more words and memories bubble to the surface and a new guy in school might be the key to Callie putting together the puzzle. But digging up the secrets she's buried for so long might be her biggest mistake. 

Reasons Why I Want This Book:

1) Because it sounds awesome. Um, yes. It does sound awesome. The element of the "unholy" father, the missing girl, Callie's own demons... WOW. Can you say WANT. *I just said it*

2) Genre: Lately I've been craving a good thriller between reading some not-so-great horror novels and gearing up to see Devil's Due... maybe. Anyways, WANT

3) Because, look at that cover. That cover screams phenomenal novel, you-should-read-me and I LOVE IT.

So. I have decided that I really really really (x 1000) want Oblivion. And I have agreed to sell my soul to EgmontUSA for it.



4 comments:

  1. Love the cover ! I have never read a ya thriller but count me in on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO THIS LOOKS GOOD TO READ!! Eeeps I shall put this in my Goodreads list to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WANT WANT WANT! There! I said it *three* times! ;) This one sounds really awesome and creepy! I have been craving a really creepy thriller and this one definitely fits the bill!! I am definitely add this to my BUY list!! Thanks for sharing Jayne! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit: once I saw it was compared to The Butterfly Clues, I was hooked. Want! :D

    ReplyDelete